Post-Operative Care Instructions for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery by Laser
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
1.Post-operative processes for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery by Laser
- You may experience dizziness caused by intravenous (IV) sedation or general anesthesia, so you should take a rest until recovery.
- After the procedure, you will be monitored for 1 hour at recovery room. When you are conscious with no abnormal bleeding , can have urination by yourself, and you are asked to well review post-operative care instructions, then Dr. Vitasna will allow you to return home.
- Dr. Vitasna may suggest some of you to stay overnight at the hospital. After the procedure, you will be monitored for 1 hour at recovery room. When you are conscious, Dr. Vitasna will allow you to continue being monitored in In-patient Building, where you will get some antibiotic, anti-inflammatory drug, acetaminophen and laxative drugs. If the acetaminophen tablets do not work, you will be injected the strong analgesic drug for pain relief.
For Vaginoplasty or Vaginal Repair Surgeries by Laser
- Urinary frequency or difficulty in urination may be noted due to the tension of the peri-vaginal opening muscle. As a result, you may be catheterized to avoid the urinary retention which may be the cause of cystitis especially in the first 1-2 days after the surgery. Then, when the tension disappears, you will be able to have urination yourself.
- In a few days after the procedure, the patient may experience an urge to pass stool (straining) and a sense of incomplete emptying even after the enema before surgery. This is caused by the sutured posterior vaginal wall between rectum and vagina. Taking a rest is recommended to reduce this symptom. Laxatives will be given to prevent constipation.
- Within 1-3 days after the procedure, Dr. Vitasna will ensure that no abnormal bleeding occurs and you can have urination yourself after the catheter removal, as well as you are asked to well review post-operative care instructions. Then Dr. Vitasna will allow you to return home.
2. Cold Packs & water contact for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery by Laser
For all kinds of vaginal Cosmetic Gynecology Surgeries by Laser
- Cleaning the surgical wound at the perineum area after urinary excretion may be done with sanitary wipes and after fecal excretion done using water and toweling gently for 2 weeks after the surgery.
For Labiaplasty Surgeries by Laser
- Within the first 24 hours after the surgery, applying a cold pack (s) to the general surgical site to decrease swelling is possible. A cold pack with ice in a plastic bag is not recommended because the moisture and steam from the plastic bag may potentially cause infection.
- Within 2-3 days after the Labia Reduction procedure, you should not take a shower which may potentially cause infection ( –perhaps rub the body dry–). Clean the wound with antiseptic daily in the morning and before bedtime, then using warm dryer for 10 minutes around the surgical wound to let it heal faster.
- After 2-3 days of the Labia Reduction procedure, you are allowed to take a shower. You should clean the wound with antiseptic daily after you took a shower in the morning and before bedtime, then using warm dryer for 10-15 minutes around the surgical wound to let it heal faster for 1-2 weeks.
- Within 2 weeks after the surgery, cleaning the surgical wound after urinary excretion may be done with sanitary wipes (-Do not use the tab water, because we want the surgical area as dry as possible-) and after fecal excretion done using water and toweling gently.
3. Post-operative care instructions at home for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery by Laser
For all kinds of the Cosmetic Gynecology Surgeries by Laser
- You must take antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drug to lessen the wound pain, acetaminophen and laxative drug, as prescribed by Dr. Vitasna, especially the antibiotics which should be wholly completed.
- You may have all kinds of food, with the exceptions of alcohol drinks and smoking for about 1 month after the surgery.
- You may have itching or green-curd like discharge as a result of vaginal fungi, possibly following taking antibiotic to avoid post-operative infection and needing anti-fungal medication or suppository.
For Vaginoplasty or Vaginal Repairt Surgeries by Laser
- You may have abnormal vaginal discharge, yellowish discharge or darkening discharge after the procedure because the vagina is full of secretion fluid and various kinds of bacteria, causing reaction to tissues and sutures slim sanitary napkin should be used. In case of smelly vaginal discharge, you have to take additional medications.
- You may experience light reddish bleeding out of the vagina in around 1-2 weeks after the procedure. A slim sanitary napkin should be used to monitor the post-operative bleeding. In case of a lot of bleeding or blood clot, swollen reddish wound and high fever, please contact the Hospital for suggestions or come to see Dr. Vitasna for the surgical wound examination.
4. Recovery Period for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery by Laser
For All Kinds of the Cosmetic Gynecology Surgeries by Laser
- Recoveries vary, within 1-2 days after the surgery you can have movement and walk around. You should refrain from work and other daily activities within the first few days after the surgery.
- Within 2-4 weeks after the surgery, the surgical wound does not heal well and energy-consuming physical activities should be limited. You may start your daily activities gradually and avoid heavy activities.
- After 4 weeks of the surgery, you may do your usual activities. Lifting with light weights and taking relaxing exercise are permitted. However, you should refrain from energy-consuming activities, running, soaking in bathtub, swimming, heavy lifting, cycling, other heavy activities and sexual intercourse for 6 weeks after the surgery.
5. Suture removal for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery by Laser
For Labiaplasty Surgeries by Laser
- The material used is the suture which dissolves slowly (within 4- 6 weeks). However, for some women, the suture takes longer than 6 weeks to completely dissolve, consequently irritation. For the women with itching caused by the dissolving sutures and the process of healing, they will be prescribed antihistamine to control the itching.
6. Appointment for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery by Laser
- For All Kinds of the Cosmetic Gynecology Procedures by Laser, Dr. Vitasna usually requires you to come for a follow up check up 1-2 weeks after surgery. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.